Docked works, undocked doesn't

From: Mike Williams <msw1227_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 17:46:32 GMT

I have an interesting problem running Personal Oracle 8.1.6/NT 4 on a Toshiba laptop. The original installation was completed while docked and connected to the company net. While docked everything works fine, I can connect to the local instance using TCP/IP or IPC. While undocked, I get either "ORA-3113 end-of-file on communication channel" or "ORA- 12570 TNS:Packet Reader Failure" no matter how I configure Net8. Has anyone dealt with this problem?

Thanks,
Mike Williams

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Aug 16 2000 - 12:46:32 CDT