Re: Siebel with Oracle DB

From: JWC60084 <jwc60084_at_cs.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2000 00:54:47 GMT

>Subject: Siebel with Oracle DB
>From: Jorge Meirim transparente_at_mail.telepac.pt
>Date: 8/15/00 7:37 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>Does any one know about a place where one can find more information
>about
>Siebel working with Oracle ? (tips, tunning, implementations ...)
>
>For example I would like to know what is the block size that most of the
>
>DBA's are working with.
>The recommended by Siebel is 2K but there are many tables with more than
>5K
>total length.
>
>Any help would be apreciated
>
>Jorge Meirim
>transparente_at_mail.telepac.pt

What os are you using unix, windows 2000, NT ? The db_block size parameter is a function of the highest blocksize allowable on your system and the most efficient for type of disk you have. On HP/UX 11.0 we are using 8K block size with EMC disk. In an NT implementation of a non-Siebel database we have used 2K blocksize. Kernel parameters in init.ora file are also important for Siebel performance. Received on Wed Aug 16 2000 - 19:54:47 CDT