Re: Siebel with Oracle DB

From: meirim <transparente_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 00:26:31 +0100

In http://www.quest.com/newsletter/v2i5/index.asp?body=block.html you can read:

>> ...Handling Large Rows

>>There was a significant decrease in performance when rows became larger
than a block.
...."Here are some of the observations we made:

As you can guess, there was row spanning in the table. Row spanning is a type of row chaining that occurs when the row is larger then a block. ...."

 About the Author

Eyal Aronoff is Vice President of Technology and Engineering at Quest Software. He is the inventor of SQLab database monitoring, administration, and tuning tools. He is also a certified Oracle DBA and the co-author of the Advanced ORACLE Tuning and Administration book published by Oracle Press. Eyal can be contacted via e-mail: earonoff_at_quest.com

In Conclusion:
I'am sure you are rigth and I'm must be wrong....

Keep on with this good performance...

J Meirim

Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam> escreveu na mensagem news:399a6c28.5416192_at_news-server...