Re: SQL*Plus connection Problem (ORA-01034)

From: Uwe Schneider <us_at_webde-ag.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:11:07 +0200

Alain L glise Consultant wrote:

> Hi everybody !
>

> I'm running an Oracle 8i (8.1.5.0.0) on Linux RedHat 6.0
>

> When I launch "sqlplus system/manager" as oracle connected, it works !
>

> When I try to launch the same command line on another Linux user, it
> doesn't work (for information, ORACLE SID is good positionned).
> When I launch sqlplus on a client Windows PC, it does work !!!

when you issue the command "sqlplus system/manager" you need to have the ORACLE SID environment variable set. Make sure it is.

If you can connect from a remote pc your listener should be working correctly. So if you add the correct network alias to your tnsnames.ora you even should be able to connect locally via TCP (e.g. sqlplus system/manager_at_ORCL).

Regards!

Uwe

--

Uwe Schneider - WEB.DE AG - Amalienbadstr. 41 - 76227 Karlsruhe

Forschung & Entwicklung - Tel. (+49) 721 94329 832
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"