Re: Confused - Quota's

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:51:37 +0200

the resource role results in the user having unlimited tablespace privilege. This means no quota checks are done, and existing quotas will not be taken into account.
Many people (including myself) still use these obsolete Oracle 6 roles. In an ideal world we shouldn't do this but use the quota mechanism instead. Of course, usually we are (check all that apply) 0 Just too lazy
0 Just too hurried
to use the quota mechanism (I include myself in it, it's not meant as criticism)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA