Re: oracle timeout upon larger batch insert

From: Uwe Schneider <us_at_webde-ag.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:29:12 +0200

Beam Meup wrote:

> this might be a vague question but here goes .. i'm a newbie
> to oracle ..
>
> i'm having a app-server inserting data into the oracle server.
> data got inserted properly. howerver, it'll timeout if the batch
> data insert file get over 1000 rows.
>
> is there a parameter that i should check inside the oracle server
> that would have this type of effect in doing a large batch insert??
>
> thank you,
> beameup

if you get timeouts but no "unable to extend rollback segment" error I estimate the reason is the size of the redo logfiles (select * from v$log). Make sure it is much larger than the default (512k). I suggest 20 - 200MB for a production system.

--
Uwe Schneider - WEB.DE AG - Amalienbadstr. 41 - 76227 Karlsruhe
Forschung & Entwicklung - Tel. (+49) 721 94329 832