Re: Disk is broken can't start Oracle database

From: <meekel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:36:58 GMT

Do you have a full database export or a full database backup?

If you have a full database backup.
Restore the files to their locations, and the files that were on damaged disks to a new location. Mount but don't open the Database. Use the 'ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE' command to tell Oracle where you put the datafiles.

If you do NOT have a full database backup and are going to rely on an export.
I have not done this before.

Good Luck,

   Michael Heindel

In article <8n8v07$sce$1_at_SOLAIR2.EUnet.yu>,   "Rexx" <nebacar_at_eunet.yu> wrote:
> I run small Oracle 7.3 database in NONARCHIVE log mode on NT with 4
 disks .
> I have also full database export.
> Suddenly one of disks is broken. That disk is not Nt system disk or
 disk
> where Oracle server installed, but I can't startup Oracle database.
> Is there any way to :
> 1. 'say to Oracle' don't use files on broken disk and startup Oracle
> 2. read the name of lost files (or tablespaces) on broken disk from
 oracle
> server (maybe from dictionary ).
> 3. repair tablespace (even empty) which resided on broken disk to the
 other
> good disk
>
> The name of tablespaces is similar name of files e.g. TS KD, file is
> c:\oradata\KD_DATA.ORA and if I can know name of TS I can remember
 name of
> files.
>
> --

> Remove nospam from address
> My address: nebacar_at_eunet.yu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 14:36:58 CDT