Random numbers

From: Bruce Sargent <email_me_at_nospam>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:57:08 -0700

Is there a way to get a random number with Oracle 7? I would like to select a random pre-generated value from a table. The table will be pre-populated with the values and will be re-freshed on a regular schedule. If I select the first value and delete it, all other trasactioons will wait for the lock to free. Selecting a random row from the table will reduce contention. Any suggestions? Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 16:57:08 CDT