table output from stored procedure

From: Aymeric Duclert <aduclert_at_freesurf.fr>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 00:09:14 +0200

Hi,

I'm used to Sybase but new to Oracle. I'd like to build stored procedures that output tabular informations (such as the result of table selects). But since a PL/SQL stored procedure cannot do a 'select' without an 'into', how can a client get a table result from a stored procedure ?

I would like to do something like the one below (in more complicate of course : a view is not enough !), but it does not work : create procedure myProc(x number) is
begin

        select * from myTable where myCol < x;
end;

I'm working on Oracle8i under linux and my client is for example perl scripts using the DBI module.

Is there a solution ?

Thanks a lot.

--
Aymeric Duclert