Re: Any substitutes for MSSQL TimeStamp and GUID types in Oracle?

From: Graham Thornton <graham.thornton_at_ln.ssw.abbott.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:00:23 -0500

Hi.

We use the dbms_utility function get_time to get the current time expressed
as an integer with a resolution of 100th/second. The value returned loops

every 30 days or so, so take the date and concatenate it to produce a unique value. The Oracle data type INTEGER is a 38-digit integer so you'll
have plenty of room to work with.

Hope that helps

Graham