Re: SGA query showing strange values

From: jchiappa <jchiappaNOjcSPAM_at_bbvabrasil.com.br.invalid>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 04:48:03 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
>If you look into more detail you will see that also the
 dictionary cache,
>the library cache and the sql are changed. The size of the
 shared pool is
>fixed, however it use, and the size of it's 'sub'pools are
 dynamic. You are
>looking at dynamic, actual data, so it is not strange they have
changed.

Yeah, but my doubt is about the 'free memory' values - in a moment it was showing much more memory than the entire SGA + the entire physical RAM, and a few moments later is was showing only some hundreds of Kbytes. Why ?

>When you in the future you observe this behavior you could look
 into
>v$db_object_cache and v$sqlarea to see what is actually
happening.

I will try, but the problem is refering the free mem - i think that the used mem will be ok.

[]s

        Chiappa

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 06:48:03 CDT