Re: How to increase max. no. of datafiles in a database?

From: Tho Nguyen <tho_pic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/08/12

David YEUNG wrote:

> I want to increase the maximum of datafiles in a database which have been
> created and used for a while. In the 'init.ora' file, I see a few lines
 like:

> db_files = 80 # SMALL
> # db_files = 400 # MEDIUM
> # db_files = 1500 # LARG
>
> Can I simply modify the db_files to a larger number and restart the
 database,
> or I need to do more?
>
> Thanks for advice
>
> david

Hi,
I don't know which OS you are running Oracle. The followings are my solution:
connect to system/manager
alter database backup controlfile to trace  This will create an alert_trace_file. This file will be found in your /rdbms/log files in the server path. Edit this file and run this new control file from svrmgr.
Tell me the result.