Re: Oracle 8.1.5 on solaris 2.6 install

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: 2000/08/12

I've done a half dozen installs of 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.6 without seeing that error. There are two things I'd try. First I'd go to the Oracle manual on a Solaris installation and make sure your sysadmin has done everything the manual suggests, including setting parameters and granting permissions. Second, I'd try a custom rather than a typical install. By using custom you can install pieces a few at a time and see whether you can localize the problem to a particular piece.

Van