Pl/SQL : better soltions

From: <zyman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/11

Hello,
Need advise how to resolve the situation below better: I have stored procedure ( btw. user has DBA role) and I make a select from
sys.col$ , sys.obj$ , sys.obj$, sys.user$, sys.coltype$ tables to get a description ( columns, types) of the object ( either table or view ) from the other user scheme. Such select works in sqlplus, but it doesn't in stor. procedure. I don't want to give grants on sys.col# and other tables to this user and this is the reason why I'm looking for better opporunity to resolve this question.
Thank You

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT