Re: Migrating an Oracle Instance from Sun to NT

From: Alex News <alexr_at_mincom.com>
Date: 2000/08/11

Hi,

Migrating is not a problem at all. You just install Oracle and recreate your instance on NT by running
your database and data tables creation scripts. After that you export the data from SUN and import it into
the empty NT database. Do not create the indexes beforehand. It is much slower for large tables.
When you export the data make shure that COMPRESS=NO (exp .....COMPRESS=NO ....) from the command file or the
better way is to create a parameter file. Compress when enabled is trying to compress fragmented segments into single extents. That affects the storage clauses that will be stored in the export file and later on you could have problems with starage parameters when the data is imported in the new unpopulated database.

Regards,

Alex