Re: 01034-oracle not avilable

From: Paul Bowskill <paul.bowskill_at_firman-jack.co.uk>
Date: 2000/08/10

Given the ball-park problem, this is from the manual.

ORA-01034 Oracle not available

Cause: Oracle was not started up. Possible causes include the following:

The SGA requires more space than was allocated for it. The operating system variable pointing to the instance was improperly defined.
Action: Refer to accompanying messages for possible causes and correct the problem mentioned in the other messages. Retry after Oracle has been initialized.

If Oracle has been initialized, then on some operating systems, verify that Oracle was linked correctly. See the platform-specific Oracle documentation.