newbie question about replication manager...

From: gdas <gdas1NOgdSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/10

I'm trying to begin investigating advanced replication with Oracle 8.1.5 on NT.

My first challenge was simply finding out what this thing was and where it is. The readmes and documentation are giving me the run around.

Is it built in with 8i Enterprise Edition since I can't find it in my stack of oracle CDs? Additionally, I don't see it listed as an installable option anywhere, so I assume it's built in...

Where is it? How do I get to to it. All the documentation keeps pointing me at this Replication Manager program. Is Replication Manager part of Enterprise Manager?

I tried running Enterprise manager to see and I couldn't connect because I don't know what user/password or mgmt server it wants. Along time ago, before I was here someone installed this and they seem to have forgotten the user/password for enterprise manager...Any way to reset it?

If I don't need enterprise manager in order to get replication manager, then I don't care about that password question...(as I don't care for Oracle's GUI tools).

Can someone set me straight on where to find this elusive option?

Thanks very much.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Thu Aug 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT