Re: Oracle 8 Vs. 8i

From: <meekel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/08/10

I'm working on my Oracle 8 DBA Certification and plan on taking the upgrade class and the upgrade test to become 8i certified. If you are getting certified to find a better job, having completed the 8 test series and the 8i upgrade test would look better to an employer that is still running 8 (IMO).

Michael Heindel

In article <8mt1hi$omc$1_at_slb6.atl.mindspring.net>,   "A.S." <asun_at_mindspring.com> wrote:
> I'm faced with a dilemma. I'm interested in taking courses for the
 Oracle
> certification exam but I'm not sure whether there's really a big
 difference
> between Oracle 8 and 8i. I've been looking around for some classes
 but all
> of the cheaper places in NYC only offer classes for Oracle 8. So there
> doesn't seem like there are many alternatives short of spending 10,000
> dollars to get an oracle 8i certification. The only alternative that
 I can
> think of is to take the Oracle 8 test and then take the 8i new
 features
> test. But is this the best choice in terms of available jobs for
 oracle 8?
> or am I taking a really roundabout route?
> Another question is what's the job market like for the two
 certifications.
> Is 8i more valued by employers than 8? Any input on this matter would
> greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT