Re: select and insert long column in a stored procedure

From: Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: 2000/08/10

You will have to use PLSQL. To accomplish the task, you can do something like:

for i in (select long_col from table) loop   insert into table values(i.long_col);
end loop;

I dont think INSERT..SELECT can be implemented using DBMS_SQL at all. Someone please post if I am wrong.

And finally it is advisable to use LOBs instead of LONGs.

Regards
Karen Abgarian