Re: Rollback segments

From: Iain Wiseman <iwiseman_at_g8labs.co.nz>
Date: 2000/08/10

Is there any way to measure the size of transactions. Basically our system is up and running and I need to verify whether the sizing of the database.If I could turn a monitor on this would be most helpful.

I have loaded the expected number of records into a test DB and calculated the storage requirements on this basis for the tablespaces.

There is a data index and audit tablespace. Where audit is basically an audit trail of all change data using the new and old value for an insert/update/delete row trigger. This is basically record data seperated by pipes.

e.g

CUSTOMER|B |MR | IAN | WISEMAN
CUSTOMER|A |MR | IAIN | WISEMAN| I mention this because on an AS/400 the database gives you this data free (You need to interpret the data ). It has so for commitment control. Could the rollback segments also provide this function.

I am very new to ORACLE thanks for you patience.

Iain
"Mark D Powell" <mark.powellNOmaSPAM_at_eds.com.invalid> wrote in message news:17659d10.195cf99d_at_usw-ex0102-015.remarq.com...
> "Iain Wiseman" <bibble_at_ibm.net> wrote:
> > I have a database which updates states of vouchers. The
 database is quite