Re: svrlmgr problem

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powellNOmaSPAM_at_eds.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/09

"Jérome SAVIN" <jsn_at_gepdiff.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have installed Oracle8i R2 (8.1.6.1) on a RedHat system.
>I have no DataBase created and my /etc/oratab is empty, so
 svrmgrl has
>normaly no database to start, is it right ?
>I have have set
>
>ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle/
>ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6.1/
>ORACLE_SID=GEP
>ORACLE_TERM=vt100
>ORA_NLS33=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6.1/ocommon/nls/admin/data
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6.1/lib:/lib:/usr/li
>

>When I start svrmgrl I always get this error :
>
>[oracle_at_tsar oracle]$ svrmgrl
>Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.6.0.0 - Production
>Copyright (c) 1997, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All Rights
 Reserved.
>ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>SVRMGR>
>
>Is there a problem in my environnement, a variable missing ?
>I heard about a variable containing somethingLANGsomething, do
 I need it ?

>Please help me
>
>Jérome

The error message you show is not the normal error for this but just in case check that the UNIX environment variable TWO_TASK is not set, i.e., unset TWO_TASK. I get a permission problem when ever I try to connect as internal in sqrmgrl for 7.3 and 8.

I had read on Metalink that Oracle planned to drop svrmgrl and just allow the DBA/operator to start Oracle from sqlplus starting with 8.1.6. I guess not, if svrmgrl is still there.

If this does not help then the only thing I can suggest is to go back and review your install logs to be sure that no errors occurred and that you installed, built, and configured all necessary pieces.

Good luck.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT