OPS (Oracle Parallel Server) on Solaris

From: <rbelanger_at_forrester.com>
Date: 2000/08/09

We are currently investigating the use of OPS on Solaris and are getting different stories from Oracle and one of our consultants. The consultant is telling us that OPS on Solaris has reliability problems tied to Sun's distributed lock manager in Sun Clustering. They are citing data showing greatly reduced reliability with OPS on Solaris.

Oracle is telling us that OPS runs great on Solaris, and that they have many happy OPS/Solaris clients.

The picture is further complicated by our desire to use EMC Symmetrix disk storage - Sun is refusing to certify the Sun Cluster unless it uses only Sun storage.

Any insights or experiences with OPS on Solaris with EMC would be greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT