Oracle with MTS

From: <acf4cga_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/09

Hi all,

   I am have been experimenting with using Microsoft Transaction Server with Oracle.
I have got it to work in the following scenarios:

  1. Using Oracle 8i (with current patch) and current Microsoft ODBC driver (MDAC 2.5)
  2. Using Oracle 8i (with current patch), current Oracle ODBC driver and Oracle Services for MTS (with current patch)

In both of these scenarios, MTS transactions are created and commited fine. I just had several problems using the Microsoft ODBC driver. It didn't seem to work well with ODBC outer joins using {oj} escape sequence and tables which have CLOB data types cannot be selected at all. None of these problems appear in the Oracle driver.

I just wondered what the recommended approach would be? Is it OK to use the Oracle driver with 'Oracle Services For MTS' or will this have a performance decrease over just using the Microsoft driver?

Any recommendations?

             Charles Gamble.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT