Re: Newbie desperate to learn

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/08/09

Welcome to the world of the Oracle!

Reading the Oracle Concepts Manual might not be a bad idea. Other than that I would recommend
Oracle the complete reference by Kevin Loney (published by Oracle Press). Doesn't touch DBA ground
for this you need
The Oracle DBA Handbook, again by Kevin Loney (I once read a foreword of a different author, stating one of the reasons not to write his book was eventually Kevin Loney would write about it :) Oracle PL/SQL programming by Steven Feuerstein published by OReilly.

Websites

http://technet.oracle.com
http://www.oramag.com
http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte (yes he is the guy of the Ask Tom service on