How to enable Bitmapped Indexes?

From: Carmen Iannacone <carmen_at_fabgear.com>
Date: 2000/08/09

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a bitmapped index on a column in Oracle 8.1.5.0.0

Although I thought the feature was now available, I get an error when I try to create one--

ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Bit-mapped indexes

According to all the docs I can find, to enable the feature, the init param "compatibility" needs to be set above 7.3.2, which mine is, at 8.0.5.

Is there any other switch that might be needed?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Carmen
(carmen_at_fabgear.com) Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT