Re: control & redo files

From: Stefan Roesch <Stefan.Roesch_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2000/08/09

Beam Meup wrote:

> i've just finish installed Oracle8i. I have 3 disks that I want to spread
> the control &
> redo file across this 3 disks. is there an option to do this with 8i? for
> 8.0.5, it is
> allow you to do this.
>
> thank you.
> beam

shutdown your database normal
make a backup

copy the controlfiles to the new destinations change the control_files parameter in the init.ora

copy the redo log files to the new destination startup mount
alter database rename file 'oldfilename' to 'newfilename'; <- for each logfile
..
alter database open
shutdown normal

make a backup

Hope this helps
Stefan Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT