Re: export Data as Text ?

From: Carl Heaton <sorry_at_no.email.address>
Date: 2000/08/09

"Frank Langelage" <langel_at_st-oneline.de> wrote in message news:399069D4.B2BBB850_at_st-oneline.de...
> Which tools are free available to export Tabledata (Server 7.3.4) as an
> csv-File (ascii-text, field values of variable length separated by an
> delimiter) ?

As already stated, SQL*Plus would be 'cheapest' and fairly easy.

Otherwise there's the excellent T.O.A.D (the Tool for Oracle Application Developers).
A trial/freeware version is down-loadable from www.toadsoft.com In the schema browser click on the data tab for your chosen table (with optional 'filter', i.e. WHERE clause) OR create and run a SQL query in the SQL window, and in either case then choose Grid -->Save as.... from the pull-down menu. This allows you to specify for example if you want double quotes around strings and to save to a file or to the clipboard.

Oracle Browser (now Discoverer/2000) also allows you to do the same thing, but then you'll have to pay for that !

Both of the above are 'interactive' tools : I doubt you'd be able to call them from a 'batch process' : Back to SQL or PL/SQL or (maybe Pro*C) for that I'm afraid !

Carl Heaton. Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT