Re: How to grant me permissions to my own tables ?

From: Geoffrey Bray <gbray1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/09

As mentioned below, the tool you are using with ODBC must be putting quotes around the table name. You probably also need to watch your column names because they work the same way if quoted. In 11+ years of working with Oracle and various 3rd party tools I haven't ever run across this before. All of the tools do their ddl with unquoted names.

There is a relatively simple work-around for this. Just put the table name and column names in all caps and then Oracle will treat it as normal regardless of the quotes.

HTH,
Geoffrey Bray

> This only happened because you used quotes around the table name when
> you created it. When you use the quotes, it preserves the case. For
> instance, you apparently used:
> CREATE TABLE "Fred" AS ......
>
> If you had used:
> CREATE TABLE Fred AS .....
>
> Then all of the following queries would have worked:
> SELECT * FROM Fred;
> SELECT * FROM FRED;
> SELECT * FROM fReD;
> etc...
>
> I may be wrong about this but I believe that not preserving case,
 unless
> explicitly stated by the quotes, is in compliance with the SQL-92
> standard.
>
> HTH,
> Brian
>
> --
> Brian Peasland
> Raytheons Systems at
> USGS EROS Data Center
> These opinions are my own and do not
> necessarily reflect the opinions of my
> company!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT