moving tables from the system tablespace to a new tablespace

From: <cferring_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/08

Hi everyone,

due to poor design, some of our Production tables are in the System tablespace.

I want to create a new tablespace or two, and move those Production tables off the System tablespace.
What are my options?

I think about Exporting the System tablespace, create one or two new tablespace, import the System one into one of those. Would that work well (since it's the System Tablespace)?

Otherwise, should I rebuild the whole database (please don't say so)? Any good advise?

thanks in advance,
C.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT