Re: After installing Oracle 8.1.5 client, i can't access Oracle Server through SQL*Plus

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: 2000/08/08

Sorry, I think I told you the wrong file. Look at sqlnet.ora & comment out the line, if present, that says 'sqlnet.auth = nts'

NAMES.DEFAULT.DOMAIN = <domain>
#SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
NAMES.DIRECTORY.PATH= (TNSNAMES) again, maybe copy this file from a working machine.

In init.ora on the server, I have

os_authent_prefix = ""
remote_os_authent = true

Many people will tell you that using external authentication is a weak security model, but we are in a limited access environment, so it's not as much of an issue.

On Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:44:16 GMT, xiaohuiz_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>I installed Oracle Server 8.1.5 on Windows NT, and installed Oracle
>Client on Windows 95. I use database authentiaction.
>I copied tnsnames.ora form a working client machine to the client that
>doesn't work, it's still have the same problem.
>My tnsnames.ora is :
>COSGITI1.LSIL.COM =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = cosgiti1)(PORT = 1521))
> )
> (CONNECT_DATA =
> (SERVICE_NAME = cosgiti1.lsilogic)
> )
> )

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only! Received on Tue Aug 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT