Re: Export and Import and Referential Integrity Constraints

From: Doug Coan <dcoan_at_aegonusa.com>
Date: 2000/08/08

In article <3974CC75.D9C80394_at_yahoo.com>,   Boo <Boo_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Running Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris 2.7.
> Is there any reasons why, when moving a database with quite a few
> referential integrity constraints to a new server, that the
> export/import option
> can't be used?
> My understanding is, if it's a fresh database built on the new server,
> and doesn't have existing data, than an export/import should not pose
> any problems.
>
> TIA

Using import/export is, in my opinion, the preferred method for moving a database to a new server especially if you are moving to a new version or patch level. I use this regularlly not only for the initial load, but if you are in a parallel environment, to do periodic shcema level updates to keep the dbs in sync until cutover.

--
Doug Coan
Oracle Certified Professional DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/