Re: Question on SQL CREATE TABLESPACE command

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

 apurba> When we submit a command on Sqlplus as: CREATE
 apurba> TABLESPACE tablespace DATAFILE filename and other space
 apurba> info, are we adding all this additional space onto the
 apurba> existing database?

The datafile you specify will get created with the size that you specify, but the database size won't increase, if you are viewing it in terms of the amount of data.

--
Galen Boyer