Re: Newbie needs training advice

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

If you don't have a high-bandwidth connection, you can order the CDs from the oracle store as a trial edition, I think it's about $10 each. Otherwise it's hundreds of megs of downloads.

On Sun, 06 Aug 2000 18:27:26 GMT, ravenman2000_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>Hi, Jon
>
>Here are some suggestions for Oracle home study. Visit
>technet.oracle.com and download Oracle 8i enterprise edition. Also
>download Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM). OEM is Oracle's user
>interface. I found OEM helped to speed up my learning compared to use
>of the SQL prompt only.
>
>If your company will be using OEM, then I suggest you consider obtaining
>Oracle certification as a Database Operator (DBO). I have DBO
>certification and I found it helpful in getting myself started in the
>Oracle world. Send me an e-mail if you want more information on the DBO
>certification.
>
>A couple of good books to buy are:
>
>Oracle 8i - The Complete Reference, by Kevin Loney
>1300 pages, published by Osborne/Oracle Press
>
>Oracle 8i for Dummies, by Carol McCullough
>408 pages, published by IDG Books
>
>(Make sure you get the more recent 8i versions of both of these books,
>not the older version 8.)
>
>Good luck,
>
>Chris
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only! Received on Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT