Re: Corrupt rollback segments

From: <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/08/07

In article <8ma8vt$3jn$1_at_neptunium.btinternet.com>,   "Mr_Lab" <t.o.b.y_at_btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an 8.1.5 instance that has suffered file corruption to my
> rollback tablespace. I've tried dropping the tablespace but keep
 getting:

> ORA-01548: active rollback segment 'R01' found, terminate dropping
> tablespace
>
> The current status off the problematic rollback tablespace is 'NEEDS
> RECOVERY'
>
> SEGMENT_NAME OWNER TABLESPACE_NAME
> SEGMENT_ID FILE_ID BLOCK_ID INITIAL_EX NEXT_EXTEN MIN_EXTENT
 MAX_EXTENT
> PCT_INCREA STATUS INSTANCE_NUM
> RELATIVE_F
> ------------------------------ ------ ------------------------------

> --- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

> ---- ---------------- ----------------------------------------

> SYSTEM SYS SYSTEM
> 0 1 2 57344 57344 2 505
> 0 ONLINE 1
> SYSTEM02 SYS SYSTEM
> 1 1 20209 57344 57344 2 505
> 0 ONLINE 1
> R01 SYS RBS
> 2 3 2 131072 131072 2 2147483645
> 0 NEEDS RECOVERY 3
> R02 SYS RBS
> 3 3 42 131072 131072 2 2147483645
> 0 NEEDS RECOVERY 3
> R03 SYS RBS
> 4 3 82 131072 131072 2 2147483645
> 0 NEEDS RECOVERY 3
> R04 SYS RBS
> 5 3 122 131072 131072 2 2147483645
> 0 NEEDS RECOVERY 3
> R05 SYS RBS
> 6 3 3826 131072 131072 2 2147483645
> 0 NEEDS RECOVERY 3
> R06 SYS RBS
> 7 3 3858 131072 131072 2 2147483645
> 0 NEEDS RECOVERY 3
> R07 SYS RBS
> 8 3 3890 131072 131072 2 2147483645
> 0 NEEDS RECOVERY 3
> R08 SYS RBS
> 9 3 3922 131072 131072 2 2147483645
> 0 NEEDS RECOVERY 3
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> --
> Mr. Lab
> --
> http://www.klingklang.co.uk
> http://klingklang.dyndns.org
> --

My thoughts go to shutting down the instance (abort, if necessary), then starting the instance nomount:

SVRMGR> startup nomount

Mounting the database in exclusive mode:

SVRMGR> alter database mount exclusive;

Then make an attempt to drop the rollback tablespace, including contents:

SVRMGR> drop tablespace RBS including contents;

Presuming all has gone well up to this point create a new RBS tablespace with a new datafile:

SVRMGR> create tablespace rbs datafile '...' size ...;

Recreate your rollback segments:

SVRMGR> create rollback segment r01 ...

Open the database:

SVRMGR> alter database open;

Shut down the instance:

SVRMGR> shutdown immediate

Then start the instance normally:

SVRMGR> startup

Once this is accomplished remove the corrupted datafile.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/