Re: Is it a good idea to run Oracle on Intel/NT?

From: Peter Shankey <shankeyp_at_charlestoncounty.org>
Date: 2000/08/07

I have found that if
NT is running only one instance of Oracle Oracle on NT is small ie less than 5 GB
it works alright. except for the ocational reboot. about once a month. However I have found Oracle on Unix (Solaris and AIX) is very solid at whatever size the DB is and it can handle many instances. So for my money (and sleep and less hassles) I would stick with Unix.

Pete