Problem with ORACLE Parallel Server

From: Günter Gratzer <guenter.g_at_utanet.at>
Date: 2000/08/06

Hi,
I have installed ORACLE Parallelserver (8.0.5 with about 20 patches) on VMS (V7.2-1). There are two machines in the VMS-Cluster. If I start only one instance, ORACLE is running with more or less good performance. If I start the second instance on the other machine, the database hangs every few minutes for a while. Hangs mean I can't access the Database even with SQLPLUS. There is no problem on the VMS if I look with MONITOR SYSTEM. No ORACLE process is using CPU, no pagefaults no IOs. There is enough free memory left. After a while I can access the Database again. I didn't get any good and useful hints from ORACLE until now. They just told me it's a tuning problem, but they didn't told me how I can find out what's the problem and where I should tune.

Maybe somebody had a similar problem and can give me some hints.

Thanks!
Günter Received on Sun Aug 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT