How to start OAS4.0.8.2 HTTP Listeners and processes?

From: Zhenming <zmwang_at_maloca.com>
Date: 2000/08/06

Hi, everyone.

I installed the OAS4.0.8.2 on my NT4.0 node, the installation was successful, I can use
http://hostname.domain:8888 to open the welcome page, my database is located on another node, which is 8.1.6 version.

Here are the problems:

1, From the welcome page, I choose HTTP Listeners, the two listeners: TIGER:admin
and TIGER:www, their status are up, but when I choose any one of them, the status is down, that means these processes are not started. When I try to start them, a message displaying that: " OWS-08806: Oracle web Listener 'admin' is already up and running at pid 0". Why I can not start the two Listeners?

2, When I open the Applications icon on the website page, none of the applications are running, how can I start the applications?

3, Do I need to configure some parameters before I start the node manager? I set OracleStartOAS4.0 (OAS4.0, website40) in the control panel, service, to automatic, but every time I rebbot the system, the service is not started, why?

I am a new OAS user, so I need your help, thanks!

Zhenming Received on Sun Aug 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT