Re: Export 8.1.5.0.0 -> 8.1.6.1.0

From: Ethan Post <epost1NOepSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/04

My next step would be to try to use the export utility on your 8.1.5 box to export the data from your 8.1.6 box. If that doesn't work then you might have to run the 8.1.5 catexp.sql script on your 8.1.6 box but don't do this until you get someone that actually fully understands this to confirm it! I'm just telling you the types of answers that I have seen in the past that usually solve this problem. Here is a segemnt of a message I found on Metalink for you:

Subject: Re : IMP-00010 export from Solaris/8.1.6 & import into NT/8.1.5

Hi. You cannot import an export file generated by a higher version of export into a lower level version of the database. They are not compatible. Please refer to Chapter 1 in the Oracle8 Utilities guide under 'Using Different Versions of Export.'

You need to run the 8.1.5 version of export from the 8.1.5 environment against the 8.1.6 database using SQL*Net. You note that they are separated by a firewall. If this means that you cannot access the 8.1.6 database on the Solaris server via SQL*Net from the 8.1.5 environment on the NT server, you will need to obtain and install 8.1.5 on the Solaris server and run the export from that $ORACLE_HOME. There is no need to run the catexp.sql from the 8.1.5 version in the 8.1.6 version.

You would need to log an iTAR with Client Relations in order to obtain the 8.1.5 software.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Fri Aug 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT