Re: update statement

From: Tom Best <tom.best_at_bentley.com>
Date: 2000/08/04

If you have the authority/privilege to change the database schema, I'd recommend normalizing this. This is a classic case where normalization makes maintenance easier. Unless you have special reasons for having it this way, I'd instead work on a process that will get these comma-separated values into separate rows, like this:

CODE_TABLE

 CODE          SYMBOL
 12            T
 12           W
 12            R
 11            W
 11           Q
 10            E

Then, the update is simple, as I'm sure you can see.

HTH,
Tom Best