Re: oracle 8.1.6 on linux mandrake 7.0 kernel 2.2.14

From: Gene <fonget_at_usa.net>
Date: 2000/08/04

In article <8l7jli$36p$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   radaile2_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi, since you were able to install Oracle 8.1.6 on Mandrake 7.0 maybe
> you could explain to me why when I'm installing it on Mandrake 7.1, I
> run the runinstaller and it stops at the click next. When clicking the
> next button, nothing at all happens. Did you have to modify the kernal
> in Mandrake? I'd appreciate any insight you might have.
>
> Rich
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I have successfully installed Oracle 8iR2 on Mandrake Linux v7.1. The problem that you
are
encoutering may be related to the Window Manager you are using. I was having some
problems using KDE and switched to GNOME and had no problems. Be aware that
creating a database may require a few hours if installing all the Options.

Ciao,

E. Fong

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT