Re: 8.1.5i: hints causes a internal error

From: <reash_at_attglobal.net>
Date: 2000/08/03

We traced a problem like this back to partitions. If the table was partitioned, (and if the wind was blowing in the wrong direction) then we would get the Ora-600 error. We could take the same query and run it on a non-partitioned table and it would not crash.

Because we are in a star schema environment, we had to make the bitmap indexes work. We are now busy removing partitions from all of the tables. Things are now much more stable.

Randy Eash