Custom Build Database

From: Yong <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: 2000/08/03

Today I created a development database using dbassist - custom install. I chose all options. The $ORACLE_HOME/install directory contains all the following files. I manually ran IP2DEVrun.sh, IP2DEVrun1.sh, IP2DEVrun2.sh sequentially. The database seems to work fine. Now I decide not to install other options except the one related to Java, IP2DEVjava.sh apparently.

Question: Can I simply run IP2DEVjava.sh and that's it? Do I have to run some others such as IP2DEVcontext.sh, IP2DEVdrsys.sh, IP2DEViMedia.sh? I don't expect to use those features. Just wonder if they're essential to the database.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com

The files in install directory:
IP2DEVcontext.sh
IP2DEVdrsys.sh
IP2DEViMedia.sh
IP2DEVjava.sh
IP2DEVordinst.sh
IP2DEVreplicate.sh
IP2DEVrun.sh
IP2DEVrun1.sh
IP2DEVrun2.sh
IP2DEVspatial1.sh
IP2DEVsqlplus.sh
IP2DEVsqlplus1.sh
IP2DEVsqlplus2.sh
IP2DEVtimeseries.sh
IP2DEVvirage.sh Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT