Re: log buffer growing and sga tunning

From: Neil <nc1967_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/08/02

Chiappa,

Redo wastage itself is not a problem. It does though indicate a very active LGWR process. This is often the case if the log_buffer is too small. Obviously this is not the case here, as Sybrand has pointed out, log_buffer should typically not need to be greater than 1M, and in most cases around 120k is sufficient. The other reason could be that you have to high a commit rate. This would cause LGWR to be extra busy. I would reduce your log_buffer , and look at the application to reduce the commit rate.

HTH NeilC