Re: doubt about sga query

From: Yong <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: 2000/08/02

jchiappa,

Your query is misleading. Why not select * from v$sgastat? Then you know the first log_buffer is the real log buffer size of your instance. The second is simply the shared pool memory allocated to the handle to the log_buffer in SGA. You may also wonder why there's an entry for db_block_buffers in shared pool. Same thing. That's the memory for the handles to all db_block_buffers.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Yong Huang