Choosing a Character Set

From: Jasmine Cheung <jasminec_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/01

I am now wondering what character set should be choosen for the database. I would need to store data for English, Chinese Big-5 for most of the fields in the data. However, for some special fields in the tables, I would need to put Korean, Thai, or even Japanese data in those fields.

Which character set should I choose? Is Unicode or any Multi-Byte character set OK?

Thanks for help.

--
Jasmine Cheung

hkrunner_at_hongkong.com