utl_file.put_line with accept prompt

From: <aowens2325_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/01

I want to use the utl_file.put_line function in a script(A) to write an accept prompt line in another script(B) in a file. When I run script A, I am asked to provide a value for the prompt. However, I don't want to provide this value until I run script B. I tried two ways to do this:

UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(myfile,'Accept p_userid prompt '||'''Please enter a userid. If not valid, type NULL: ''');

The previous line didn't work so I tried using a variable with the value 'Accept' and using this instead:
l_v_accept varchar2(30):= 'Accept';
UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(myfile,l_v_accept||' p_userid prompt '||'''Please enter a userid. If not valid, type NULL: '''); This didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT