Re: Dilemma of job postings

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: 2000/08/01

Hi Mark:

    I don't actually have a current need for anyone, but I'd love to see a non-broker information exchange. At some point in the future we'll all be looking to hire someone or looking for work ourselves or both.

    I first started thinking about it three or four months ago when a friend at a large computer company knew the department head who needed four strong Oracle DBAs for permanent positions at $150K plus benefits. I didn't want to move 'til my kids finished school, and there wasn't any way to let the people who post here regularly know about the opportunity without sounding like a broker or without opening myself up to calls from brokers.

    (And yes, as you might imagine, those slots filled within a month.)

Van

"Mark D Powell" <mark.powellNOmaSPAM_at_eds.com.invalid> wrote in message news:057cb94e.51b79a25_at_usw-ex0102-015.remarq.com...
> "Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote:
> >Hello Everyone:
> >
> > I've been using this forum for the last few years and have
 found it very
> >helpful. And I don't like seeing headhunters post job listings
 here any
> >more than you do.
> > Here's the dilemma: Among us we have an enormous amount of
 information
> >about job openings. I know when my company is looking for
 Oracle people, I
> >know the company culture, and I know the right people to speak
 with. Each
> >of you likely has similar information on the companies you work
 for. How
> >can this information be shared without involving the
 headhunters and their
> >markups?
> > Any ideas on how something like this could be done? Is
 it being done?