Re: moving database from one server to another

From: Bill Border <bill_border_at_agilent.com>
Date: 2000/08/01

  The way that we do it which (I think) is easier is to copy to the datafiles, rename them on the target and use a controlfile trace copy to change the name of the DB and the pathnames of the datafiles (if they contain the DB name). Email me if you want more details.

Bill Border
Agilent Technologies (formerly Hewlett-Packard) bill_border_at_agilent.com
Low-Cost UX-Based Oracle/Informix Monitor: http://dbamon.com