server tracing (sql statements, acitivity)

From: <orauser_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/31

I want to see what the server is doing, and trace any activity to a file. Things like sql statements being executed, etc.

I thought I could just set SQL_TRACE=TRUE in my init.ora, and then it would generate .trc files in the admin/xxx/udump directory which I may or may not be able to decipher :-)

I got that to work on a NT box running 8.1.6. Now I want to do the same thing on a Solaris box running 8.1.5. I set the same parameter but no .trc files!

Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT