Re: O8.1.6.1.0 install on RH linux 2.4.0-test4

From: Brian McKerr <bmckerr_at_austar.com.au>
Date: 2000/07/31

> java.lang.NumberFormatException: 0%
> at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Compiled Code)
> at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Compiled Code)
> at WizOSD.getFreeDiskSpace(Compiled Code)
> at WizOSD.DBQueryDiskSpace(Compiled Code)
> at CheckerClass.CheckforFreeDiskSpace(Compiled Code)
> at DBConfigInfo_base.doSpaceChecking(Compiled Code)
> at DBConfigInfo_base.doSpaceChecking(Compiled Code)
> at DBConfigInfo_base.enoughFreeSeedDiskSpace(Compiled Code)
> at CopySeed.CreateDatabase(Compiled Code)
> at CopySeed_base.run(Compiled Code)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)
>
> Has anyone else come across this problem - it looks like the code
> itself is at fault.
>
> Steve

Steve,

        my experience has been ....

just install the binaries and then install a db afterwards. I had similar behaviour with 8.1.6 & RH6.2. I then tried the above and it worked fine. In fact, I seem to remember 8.1.5 doing exactly the same. Plus, the install appears to be much quicker when not building a db.

Cheers,

BM Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT